Thursday, August 25, 2011

Real Music By Real Musicians: The Jerry Butler Band

Jerry Butler, vocals
Malcolm Banks, drums
Billy Butler, lead guitar
David Service, bass
Mattie Butler, background vocals
Terisa Griffin, background vocals

Jerry "The Iceman" Butler opened last night @ The RRazz Room for a sold-out performance. Now, I understand why Jerry earned the name "The Iceman." Without breaking a sweat, Jerry was able to draw in the audience with each song, especially with his unique style of love songs. His delivery was effortless.

By the time Jerry started song #2, I could hear people crying, and it felt like I was watching a heartfelt movie, instead of a concert. By song #3, it hit me like a ton of bricks, and my tears began to fall. What Jerry and the band conveyed was LOVE, and all that it endures. I highly recommend you check out this show.

P.S. Keep your eyes and ears open for vocalist Terisa Griffin!

http://therrazzroom.com/11Artist/jerry_b.html

No comments:

Post a Comment