Monday, April 25, 2011

Music // Only Love Is Real

The universal power of music has the ability to transcend all space and time. With just a few notes, we can be in another state of consciousness, falling deeper into reverie. Oftentimes, we set aside painful emotions, as a defense mechanism. But during states of relaxation, these so-called "walls" can come tumbling down. What remains is perhaps the truth. Everything else is just a distraction.

Tonight, as I awaited my massage, I tuned in to the instrumental music at National Holistic Institute and felt an overwhelming sadness. I immediately thought of a friend whose health has taken a turn for the worse. He spent the day getting a blood transfusion, and the more I thought about him, the more I cried. In December 2010, his liver cancer aggressively returned, and he was given a nine to 11 month prognosis.

If you cannot join us for the event, please consider donating to the cause:
A Cabaret Tribute Show Honoring Mike Ward is this Saturday, April 30, 7pm at Most Holy Redeemer Church in San Francisco.

Only Love Is Real....

No comments:

Post a Comment