Monday, April 11, 2011

Life // Prana

En route to Bikram Yoga class tonight, a friend of mine commented that she rarely sees me breathing in class. She asked, "Are you getting any cardio benefits from the yoga?" To which I responded, "In my humble opinion, if the postures are done correctly, you shouldn't be out of breath."

Hence, my status updates on JFM Presents Facebook and JFM Presents Twitter about the guy who was breathing like a Sleestak during class; it's totally unproductive to the practice of yoga. Don't get me wrong, of the 26 postures within 90 minutes, there are a few postures, which definitely get my heart beating. But if you find yourself breathing heavily throughout class, it is time to "slow your prana" and focus on your breathing :)

I do not profess to be an expert. This September, I celebrate the 10th year of practicing Bikram Yoga, and every day is an opportunity to manifest change. There are so many lessons to learn about the connections between mind, body and spirit. I think of prana as the Ultimate Connector.

Namaste!

Lisa Bautista
Day 15
2011 Bikram Yoga Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment